It was good to see the learners return to school on Tuesday the 5 of April, after the short break. The second term commences in earnest and staff members have engaged in several meetings as we reflect on the past term and gear up towards delivering on the curriculum.
With regards to curriculum matters, we wish to urge all our boys and girls to focus on the task at hand and make the necessary sacrifices to achieve better results
in term 2. Our school value of EXCELLENCE must be seen in the things we claim as a school. Excellence is our core value, then boys and girls, we must demand of ourselves to constantly improve academically. We have absolute confidence in each and every child and staff member’s ability to make consistent improvement a part of our daily practice. Let us remember that we must consciously engage in positive activities on a consistent basis, and be unwavering in our organizational goals
We have planned our parent meetings for term 2 in order to communicate information pertaining to specific grades. All parents will receive timeous notification.
Find below the 2021 Systemic results for the grade 3 and 6 class of 2021
|English home language||36.9||25.3|
|English home language||39.4||26.9|
CHANGE IN COVID REGULATIONS
Parents following the Presidential announcement in relation to suspension of the Disaster Management Act, please note:
- The temperature screening for all learners is suspended.
- Learners who are ill must be retained at home. Should the learner report to school with severe flu-like symptoms, the learner shall be isolated and parents will be contacted to collect the learner.
- Persons who test positive for COVID -19 are still required to isolate in line with current health regulations.
- Learners and adults MUST WEAR A MASK WHEN ENTERING THE SCHOOL AND WHILST IN THE CLASSROOM.
- The school hall may only accommodate 50% of the official floor space.
- All sanitisation standard operational procedures as prescribed by the WCED remain in place.
IMPORTANT DATES TO DIARISE
Please check the school calendar on the school website which will also reflect the following important dates to diarise
|5 April||Term 2 commences|
|15 April||Good Friday|
|18 April||Family Day|
|27 April||Freedom Day|
|2 May||Workers Day|
|3 May||Eid Ul Fitr|
|26 May||Ascension Day|
|9 May||Formal assessments – Intersen phase|
|16 June||Youth Day|
|23 June||Issuing of term 2 reports|
|24 June||Term 2 concluded|
REMINDER: Please inform your child’s teacher, should any of your contact details change
Thought for the day:
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk