END OF TERM REFLECTION
Despite the continued challenges associated with covid – 19 and strife in our community, our learners have shown great tenacity. We are proud of our boys and girls who continue to live up to the motto of the school: “We Strive Forward“. We are convinced that with our collective support, every single learner who remains committed to their educational journey will reap the fruits of their labour in the near future. Boys and girls, remain focused on your educational journey! As the 3rd term comes to an end, we take this opportunity to reflect on the success we experienced this term.
- Our teachers, who under very challenging circumstances keep the academic programme on track. Without our teachers, the future of our children would be extremely bleak. On a daily basis, teachers inspire and nurture these young minds to continue to believe in a better future. It goes without saying teachers must be appreciated and respected.
- The walking bus volunteers who ensure the safety of our learners as they cross the street.
- Our feeding scheme programme that continues to deliver on their mandate of feeding our vulnerable learners.
- Successful fundraisers throughout the term
- Special civvies day celebrating our heritage. The learners presented themselves in their traditional wear and they were absolutely beautiful. I was struck by the amount of effort both the teachers and learners put into the day.
DISMISSAL TIMES FOR THE LAST WEEK OF THE TERM
Parents are advised that learners will be dismissed at 1 pm from 27 September to 30 September. This will allow colleagues the opportunity to engage in planning and reflection activities in preparation for the final term of 2021. On the 1st of October which is the last day of the term, learners will be dismissed at 11:00 am
Learners in group 1 will receive their reports on Tuesday the 28th of September and group 2 will receive their reports on Thursday the 30th of September. Reports that are not collected will be available for collection from the security office on Friday the 30th of September from 08:30 – 11:00 am.
GRADE 3 AND 6 SYSTEMIC TESTING
Parents of grades 3 and 6 are informed that learners in these grades will be engaged in the WCED Systemic testing on the 18 th of October. The school will be in contact with the respective class groups if any special attendance arrangements need to be made.
PHOTO PACKAGE MONIES
All learners have received an order form in relation to various photo packages available to parents. The placing of orders is completely voluntary on the part of the parents. The closing date for orders to be placed is the 29 of October 2021. Regrettably, no orders will be accepted after the closing date.
LEARNERS ATTAINING WP COLOURS
We are extremely proud of Keno Hendricks and his sister Demi Hendricks who were awarded their Western Province colours for dance and hip-hop on the 18th of September 2021. The dancing duo have engaged in dance and hip hop for the longest time ever, and this is recognition of their talent and ability in this art form.
THANKS, AND APPRECIATION
Thank you to Mrs Hattjes who was the substitute teacher in the grade 1A class during the period that Mrs Benjamin was on leave. It was an absolute pleasure working with you, thank you for your contribution.
Learners return to school on the 11th of October, commencing with group 1. Group 1 learners will be dismissed at 1 pm on the 11th and 12th of October due to scheduled staff meetings.
At the best of times, we must exercise caution in relation to the whereabouts of our children more in particular during the vacation period. Please, conscientise and remind the little ones that they must inform you about their whereabouts when they leave the home.
Thought for the day
`Life is a collection of changes. Take every change as a challenge. Some give success and some act as a stepping stone to success.` – anonymous