TERM 3 HIGHLIGHTS
Term 3 of 2023 has been marked by unprecedented winter conditions. It was extremely cold and many parts of the province experienced adverse effects following the extended winter rains.
The school, like the seasons, also experienced huge internal changes and nuances. On the 17th of September 2023 the school hosted the 60th Anniversary celebration and the event was well planned and an awesome atmosphere of reflection was observed by the attendees. Once again, thank you to all learners , parents, assistants and staff members for celebrating this momentous occasion with the school.
Highlights and achievements experienced during the third term.
- The Mandela Day Donation to Douglas Murray and the Seawinds Senior Home.
- The Mr. and Ms. Delta pageant competition.
- The completion of grade cohort spelling bee competitions.
- The introduction of the brainteaser in the newsletter to encourage critical thinking amongst our learners.
- The introduction of a recycling initiative.
- The painting of all senior classes as part of the maintenance plan.
- The painting of our learner bathroom facilities.
- The introduction of the family strengthening program over the next 8 weeks.
- The continued excellent management of the food garden under the care of Mrs. Bettie Daniels.
- The effective management of the feeding scheme of which more than 300 learners are daily recipients.
- The continued donation of the Carmen Stevens Foundation towards our feeding scheme.
- The delivery of the curriculum and the completion of assessment under very challenging conditions.
To our parents and business partners who have continued to support the school we wish you well over this short Spring break.
DATES TO DIARISE FOR TERM 4 – 2023
|10.10.2023||Term 4 commences||Learners in Grade R-3 shall be dismissed @ 13:00 for the week. Learners in grade 4-7 shall be dismissed @13:15 for the week|
|16.10.2023||Grade 3 & 6 learners write their WCED systemic test||Dismissal as per normal|
|21.10.2023||Grade R – 2024 Orientation day||TBC|
|4.11.2023||Grade R – 2023 graduation||TBC|
|7.11.2023||Parent budget meeting||TBC|
|20.11.2023||Intersen learners write final examinations||13:00 dismissal|
|12.12.2023||Class parties||13:00 dismissal|
|12.12.2023||Learner final reports||13:00 dismissal|
|13.12.2023||Academic year concluded for learners||11:00 dismissal|
|15.12.2023||Academic year concluded for staff|
Given the constant threat of crime we wish to make a special appeal to all our parents and learners to ensure that our boys and girls remain safe during the vacation. Learners must inform their parents as to their whereabouts at all times. It may also be that many learners are home while parents go to work. Please speak to our learners about safety at home.
FINAL TERM 3 BRAIN TEASER
With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might, physically joining with a single bite. What am I?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
`Learning is not child’s play, we cannot learn without pain` – Aristotle