Why is Delta Primary implementing the use of a learner email address and the use of digital communication ?
During the National Lockdown we experienced the challenge of effectively communicating with all our parents and learners. Many of the contact details on record were outdated or not operational. It was a huge challenge getting messages and important notices to our parents. We relied on word of mouth, notices on the fence and chance encounters with parents.. In order to get ahead of similar events in the future and in order to make preparation for the 4th industrial revolution we are forging a new communication platform with enhanced features going forward.
Are the learners going to manage their email account ?
Given that many learners may not have the necessary skills to manage an email account, we are encouraging parents to manage their child’s email account and internet activity during the initial stages. As the child builds confidence and becomes comfortable with accessing their email, the parent may give levels of freedom on the email platform.
Is the school aware that all our parents do not have access to the internet ?
The school is all too aware of the challenge of internet access. However, as the prices of data and fixed line internet becomes affordable, more parents and communities will migrate to an online platform of communication and interaction as is currently evident. The school is strongly recommending that parents who are presently in the position to assist their children by providing internet access and purchasing digital devices continue to do so. Learners who do not have access to a computer will gain access via the computer classes in 2021.
Activating the learner email address
In most instances your child’s email address will be as follows: Robert.Smith@deltaprimary.org.za. Please ensure that you verify the correct spelling with regards to your child’s name as well as the email address with the teacher.
- Log on to gmail using the internet explorer.
- Type in your child’s email address
- Use the default password : Delta1234#
- You will be prompted to change the Password. Choose a relatively secure password using names, capital letters, numbers and special characters. Ensure that you save the password and keep it in a secure place. Should you lose the password please contact the teacher.
Accessing and registering for the school`s newsletter
- Access the schools website by navigating to deltaprimary.org.za.
- Navigate to My account.
- Register with the learners email address, you may also register with your own email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email in your inbox to complete the registration process. Ensure that you confirm the email.
Thought for the day
“What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” – Jeff Bezos