COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS
Answer Yes / No
1. Do you have a cough?
2. Do you have a fever?
3. Do you have a shortness of breath?
4. Do you have a sore throat?
5. Within the last 14 days, did you have direct contact with someone known to have contracted Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Five “golden”rules to prevent the spread of the coronavirus
The following are the 5 Golden Rules to prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Separate yourself physically from other people:
- By staying away from people as much as possible
- By staying home if unwell.
- Physical distancing when around other people:
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres (2 arm lengths) from others.
- Do NOT shake hands, or hug, or fist bump, or elbow bump. Keep your distance.
- Hand washing/sanitising:
- Regular hand-washing with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Or rub hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Wash hands after touching people, surfaces and objects.
- Practising good hygiene measures:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and then put the tissue in a bin and wash your hands immediately.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Using cloth face masks:
- Use a cloth face mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Don’t touch the mask after you put it on.
- Leave the mask on all the time except when you need to eat/drink. For eating/drinking, take it off carefully by the strings and place it in a clean paper or plastic bag.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Preparation for back to school
Preparing our children for heading back to school: Parents, given the reality of the necessary precautions, it is not an easy road ahead but it’s certainly a doable one… Our educators are doing all that they can in our children’s best interests, and we need to support them by preparing our kids for exactly what their school days will look like… Be honest… Be calm… and believe that we will all make it through the dark tunnel ahead.